An exciting opportunity has arisen for a School Administrator to work at Husthwaite CE Primary School, required to start in September 2023. The post is initially for 18 hours per week TTO, Grade CD SCP 4-6. This is a variable hours post (15 to 25 hours) and is an established position. The hours are expected to be worked on a Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri – timings can be negotiated but will be worked between 8.30am and 3.30pm.
Husthwaite CE Primary School is a thriving and growing primary school at the heart of the local community. The staff team is dedicated to achieving the best for all children and are supportive of each other in their work. We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and committed School Administrator who has a cheerful approach to their work. The successful candidate will need to be adaptive to working in a busy and varied office environment. The School Administrator will work under the direction of the Federation Business Manager and Executive Headteacher and will be liaising with staff across the Federation of Schools. This post could also include some additional hours in a Midday Supervisor Assistant role.
- be committed to working as part of a team
- have excellent communication and organisational skills
- be flexible
- have a cheerful disposition and a sense of humour
- be able to work under pressure
- want to share our vision and ethos for the highest standards in all aspects of school life
- have experience of a busy office setting (ideally with some knowledge of working in an educational organisation)
In return we can offer:
- a supportive, professional, motivated staff team
- opportunities for continuing professional development and further career development
- a school where children are happy and confident learners
- have access to a local government pension scheme
Husthwaite CE Primary School is federated with Sessay CE Primary School. Working across both sites may be requested in the future if necessary.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced level DBS disclosure and medical clearance.
For further details candidates are welcome to contact the school by telephone on 01347 868371. Visits to the school are very welcome by prior arrangement with Sarah Dixon, Federation Business Manager. Please look at our school website to get a real feel for our school.
To apply for this vacancy please log on to https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
All information can also be downloaded from the following links:
Office Admin – Job Description & Person Spec
MSA job description and Person spec
Job Application Form Admin Assistant September 2023
Applications closing date: 5pm Monday 5th June 2023
Interviews expected to take place: Friday 9th June 2023